Putting the DI in DIY: a reblog

My choice for Flashback Friday today. What is about January and DIY?
Anyway, this is a post from 26th January 2015 when we were on the boat and a little bathroom repair à la Di


diyHubby and I aren’t exactly brilliant at the do-it-yourself game, but whatever job we have done has been pretty good, lasts, and is most importantly safe.
Over the years, we’ve tackled replacement doors, kitchens and bathrooms, the usual decorating and of course our now-absent-but-soon-to-be-reinstated-on-the-roof veg patch.
We are champions at I A O , even if our methods are perhaps a little unorthodox or unusual.

View original post 539 more words

About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in blogging, DIY, life afloat, reblog and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Putting the DI in DIY: a reblog

  1. rugby843 says:

    I think doors are the hardest to get right

    Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

    • When we replaced all the doors in the cottage (no two were the same, neither were the knobs on either side) we didn’t realise that the door to the main bedroom was only two feet wide instead of the standard 30 inches, so it had to be ordered as we’d done all the others. We were told it would take a couple of weeks, but we were actually waiting over four months. Fitting them was straight forward though.

Comments are closed.