Hello and welcome to Fibbing Friday, a fun challenge where truth is not an option.
I’m inviting you to be outrageous, silly, cheeky, or whatever takes your fancy (as long as you keep it family friendly) and fib your socks off when answering the ten questions set below.
You can join in by writing a post with your answers and tag it “Fibbing Friday” or #FibbingFriday.
If you use WordPress, pingbacks are enabled, and as long as you link to this post, it should show up.
Bear in mind though that they are usually approved manually, so don’t be surprised if the link doesn’t show immediately as I may be late accessing my blog.
You can also leave a link to your post in the comments so that others can enjoy your answers and may like to join in as well! Also have a read of other bloggers posts if you can spare the time as some of them are terrific.
It’s Friday the 13th so this week’s selection is based on superstitions.
Make up your own reasons for these please:
1. Why were people given middle names?
2. Why do we cover our mouths when we yawn?
3. Why do we say ‘Bless You’ when somebody sneezes?
4. Why do we wear a wedding ring on the third finger of the left hand?
5. What was the original use of wind chimes?
6. What were the original purpose of bridesmaids?
7. What is the significance of the first butterfly of the year you see being white?
8. What does it mean if your right ear itches?
9. Why is Good Friday a good day to cut your hair?
10. What should you give a friend who gives you a knife as a gift?
Pingback: First And Ten Fibbing Friday | Archon's Den
Here I come again. Catch me if you can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKw9AYPeCz8 But only after I dump last week’s list here. https://archonsden.wordpress.com/2023/01/13/first-and-ten-fibbing-friday/
10. An ambulance subscription
Pingback: Fibbing Friday: Freaky Friday | Ella Craig
Pingback: Fibbing Friday 13th January 2023 – The Jazzocracy
Pingback: My Own Responses – A Unique Title For Me
Pingback: Fibbing Friday — Why Is it? – This, That, and the Other
1. Why were people given middle names? – In case they didn’t like their first name.
2. Why do we cover our mouths when we yawn? – ? zzzz!
3. Why do we say ‘Bless You’ when somebody sneezes? – Nobody really nose
4. Why do we wear a wedding ring on the third finger of the left hand? – The others are too fat.
5. What was the original use of wind chimes? – To hide the sound of farting.
6. What were the original purpose of bridesmaids? – In case the groom didn’t like the bride as much as he thought he did.
7. What is the significance of the first butterfly of the year you see being white? – The cabbages are out.
8. What does it mean if your right ear itches? – I don’t know but I’ll just leave it ear.
9. Why is Good Friday a good day to cut your hair? – So that your Easter bonnet would fit better.
10. What should you give a friend who gives you a knife as a gift? – An ultimatum!
Good answers Glyn. Thanks for leaving your comment.
Pingback: Supplanting Superstitions, Fri the 13th of Jan, 2023 | Marla's World
Pingback: Fibbing Friday ~ 13th January – jaquintinwriter
Pingback: Friday 13th Fibbing – Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: Fibbing Friday | teleportingweena