Today was Friday 25th November

It has been a day of catching up with our friends as well as ourselves, so everything is running late, including me for my ultrasound appointment this morning.
I lost track of time thinking it was twenty minutes earlier than it was and so we had 45 minutes to complete a journey of at least 45 minutes with a clear run, and you know what that means…………… hold ups with learner drivers, lorries, tractors, caravan pullers and roadworks springing up like weeds everywhere we go.
Hubby dropped me at the front of the hospital bang on 10.45 and I legged it as fast as I could to ultrasound, which was in the bowels of the building and as far as it could possibly get from the entrance.
I puffed into the department just three minutes late, totally out of breath and hurting from the rushed exertion, and was seen at 11 o’clock. Apparently there are pockets of fluid in my hands and feet that become inflamed hence the pain and swelling. The results will be sent through to the medical team now.
I decided to go to rheumatology to follow up on my MRI scan as to date I haven’t heard anything, and that department too was in the depths of beyond, but on the other side of the hospital with no short cut. At least I could take my time.
I am on their system, but can expect to wait up to 12 weeks for a scan, but the receptionist gave me two numbers I can call direct to leave messages which I shall do in a week or so to give them time for my results to be processed. Yeah I know, a bit optimistic, but the worst they can say is No.
I guess I’ve walked a good mile along hospital corridors today. It certainly feels like it and would have been a good walk for Maya!

From there, we went into town and the bank, then nipped into Greggs for a snack and cup of much needed tea. Maya has been really good for us, having a walk first thing,  a walk round the hospital grounds, and then a walk in town.
Hubby had the rest of the cottage pie for his lunch and I did a jacket potato with ham and cheese for me. He had an INR appointment this afternoon and while he was out, I walked Maya with our friend and Kela, so she has had four walks today.
The INR is out of range again as we expected, so another test next week.

It’s been quite a day and I’m exhausted!


About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in current events, diary, today is.......... and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Today was Friday 25th November

  1. murisopsis says:

    I can commiserate. In my home town the hospital was built on donated land. The deed stated that as long as the hospital is “under construction” they would not have to pay any property or city taxes. So the hospital is a sprawling building that is constantly in the process of construction! It has at least 6 building ranging from the original 3 story section to the more modern 8 story part. It is so convoluted that they had to redo the floor tiles – they are a rainbow. Each color leads you to a specific department- you just have to follow the ribbon of the right color to get to your destination (and yes there are color coded elevators too)! It can take a good half hour to navigate the corridors…

  2. scifihammy says:

    Gosh what a day!
    I’m glad you made your ultrasound appointment on time – always so far to walk in hospitals! And I hope you get some results soon. 🙂

  3. Nope, Not Pam says:

    It sounds never ending 🙁

  4. glyn40wilton says:

    I’m running late myself having been helping out at the Red Cross shop today from 10 a.m to 3 p.m. That’s an hour than I usually do. The time went so fast.

  5. Carol anne says:

    wow! Quite a day indeed! I hope you were able to relax for the remainder of Friday evening! Xx

Comments are closed.