It’s Monday and I’m your host for Melanie’s Share Your World for a little while.
From Melanie’s SYW introduction:
There are two ways in which you can participate:
Create a Share Your World post.
- Leave your answers in the comments box of this post or write your own post.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Share Your World” and link it to this post.
- Ping-backs are activated, but don’t always work properly. I think it is best to leave a link in a comment, just to be sure. It’s okay to just leave the link if you like and don’t have anything else to chat about. If you’d still like to try leaving a ping-back, instructions on how ping-backs work are found by clicking here. Thanks!
I also offer a ‘Gratitude Section’ for those who like a little affirmation with their questions! It’s always optional to participate in that portion of SYW of course.
I’m sticking with Melanie’s format and the gratitude section too so here are this week’s questions:
1. Do you have family photographs on display in your main living room?
2. What was the best vehicle you owned?
This could be a pushbike as a kid, your first car, a motor cycle, or something else.
3. Did you pass your driving test first time?
4. Does loud music from a neighbour or passing cars annoy you?
What has made you smile over the last seven days?
1) No photos, estranged from family; 2) No vehicle; 3) Failed driving test, mostly by intention–fear of driving; 4) I live a half-block from a main state highway, plus there are a lot of people crowded into this area filled with apartments–so noise is a constant. But it’s better than being homeless. Happy Monday to you, Di–hope your week goes well!
Happy Monday to you too. Thanks for answering. I can identify with family estrangement.
I’m sorry to hear that…but I feel less like I was whining, now 🙂
We can pick our friends, but family we’re stuck with, and some of them are a**holes!
My family was dysfunctional with a capital “D”–and now that I no longer feel any connection with them, I’m less judgmental–we all had issues, were damaged. So I have some empathy–but stopped dreaming ages ago that there’d be a Hallmark movie reconciliation. Sometimes we just have to let go and move on–it took me a while to be at peace with that. I hope they’re well and happy enough…but I still have nightmares featuring them, not fun. Thanks for letting me talk with you about this. Much love, Leslie
Glad to be a listening ear Leslie. I am saddened the way things have turned out with my sister, but whatever her issues are with me, they are her problems, not mine. My brothers are OK and I hear from both periodically, so it’s not all bad.
Oh that is nice, having the brothers. Essentially, I lost my 2 sisters–but I have replacements now, lovely women I cherish. With patience, everything works out eventually. I was the oldest of 6–with a full brother and sister, then 3 half-siblings. For various reasons, I never had peer relationships with them, so that was hard. But I’m in a much better place now, and grateful. I vacillated between blaming myself entirely (thanks to my parents) and blaming them–finally saw that shared wounding meant shared blaming, and that was useless. I just wanted to be free–and I am.
Good to hear. Sometimes we just have to let go and accept it is as it is. It took me years, but after Mum died, I stopped allowing my sister to walk all over me and slag me off to her friends. I put quite a few of those right at Mum’s funeral.
Wow, that’s good, Di.
It had to be said. These people didn’t know me, some had never even met me until that day.
Pingback: Share Your World – August 22 – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
Pingback: Share Your World — 08/22/2022 – This, That, and the Other
Pingback: Share Your World – 22 August 2022 | Adventuring into Retirement
Pingback: Share Your World 2022: 22 August – Our Other Blog: Two Sisters and Two Points of View
Here is mine.
Pingback: Car Share [syw] | Light Motifs II
Pingback: Family Album – Writer Ravenclaw
Pingback: Share Your World for 22 Aug 2022 – The Sound of One Hand Typing
Pingback: IT RAINED! – SERENDIPITY: SEEKING INTELLIGENT LIFE ON EARTH
Pingback: Share Your World ~ 8/23/22 – J-Dubs Grin and Bear It
Pingback: Share Your World 22nd August 2022 – The Jazzocracy
Pingback: Sharing my world- August 22,2022 – Keep it alive
Pingback: Share Your World | teleportingweena
Pingback: Sharing a Day Late – Thoughts & Theories
Pingback: Share Your World – Week 190 | Evil Squirrel's Nest
Pingback: Share Your World: August 27, 2022 | The Day After
Pingback: Sharing My World 22-08-2022 | draliman on life
Thanks for joining in. Unable to leave a comment on your post.
Pingback: SYW: Car Stories, Loud Music, and Smiling | Wanderlust & Wonderment
Thanks for joining in.
Pingback: Hello/ Share Your World – Webbblogs/Ocd and Me
Hello here is my post for Share Your World 😁 https://webbblogscom.wordpress.com/2022/08/30/hello-share-your-world/
Oh wow I didn’t realise this had been taken over for a while. Good for you, that’s great someone can help out. I hope Melanie is doing ok 🙏🏼
She’s home and trying to beat the fatigue. I’ve been passing on everyone best wishes.
Pingback: Share Your World August 22 2022. | It's All in Finding the Right Words