Amy is our hostess for the Sunday Ramble. You can check it out here
This week the theme is vacations and travel.
Here are the questions:
- When at the ocean, do you want to be in it, on it, or just look at it? (If you don’t like visiting the ocean, what is a hobby you enjoy on vacation or in general?)
We are a ten minute walk from the beach, but I cannot remember the last time I swam in the sea. It is a beautiful beach, even better when it is not dripping with holidaymakers and litter.
- Have you ever surfed or gone snorkeling?
No, and have no intention to do so.
- When traveling, do you experiment with the local dining experience or pack a picnic/cook for yourself and anyone with you?
That to me is half the fun of a holiday, sampling the local cuisine, especially abroad.
I avoid chips as you can get those anywhere.
- What is your biggest pet peeve when traveling?
Inconsiderate fellow travellers.
- Are you someone who takes a lot of photos on vacation? If so, you can share your favorite vacation photos. (If not, share your favorite vacation story.)
I took over 1000 photos when I was in NZ in 2010. I went fishing for the fist time in my life, caught the first fish, which ended up being the one and only snapper of the day. You can read all about that (with photos) here