Many thanks to Amy of EMKingston for this challenge. You can join in here
This week’s topic is “Technology and The Future“.
Here are the questions:
- Are there any applications on your mobile device, tablets, etc. that you cannot live without? Feel free to ramble about them! Maybe we will learn new apps that will become important in our own lives.
- Do you prefer Apple or Android?
- Windows OS or MacOS?
- What do you wish that you would have placed in a time capsule 15+ years ago to have access to now?
- When you think of the what the world will look like 50 years from now, what does that future look like through your eyes? Go as sci-fi and/or fantasy as you would like and ramble on however you wish to ramble
1. I have no apps whatsover. My phone is a basic PAYG text and calls and has a crappy camera on it.
2. Haven’t used either so I can’t comment here.
3. I loved Windows XP and Windows 7. Windows 8 wasn’t bad , but 10 is a nightmare.
4. A logarithm book.
5. To be honest, I dread to think and hopefully I won’t be here to see it. Technology scares me silly, everyone is becoming too dependent on it and I’m a dinosaur. Common sense will become a myth and our leaders will be relying on AI to make decisions.
The Terminator may not be so far fetched.
I love my smart phone as it makes staying in touch on WP easy no matter where I roam… Still too many have forsaken the real world for a virtual one. They put a ping pong table in the teen area of the library and none of the kids know how to play. All the retired folks go over and play!
Yay! Same with shove ha’penny!!
Lol dinosaur Di! Hahahaha! 😀 🙂
Oh, I actually hated Windows 8 and think 10 is a much-needed improvement. Windows 7 was the best though.
We coped with 8 but 10 has been a nightmare for us. Bring back XP!
From the USGS ” Jurassic dinosaur Stegosaurus had already been extinct for approximately 80 million years before the appearance of the Cretaceous dinosaur Tyrannosaurus. In fact, the time separating Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus is greater than the time separating Tyrannosaurus and you.” I am not a Stegosaurus in relation to technology, but perhaps a Tyrannosaurus.
OK……….. I think!!! Thanks Lauren.
Just me using some of my science humor. Lol
Great answers, Di! I had to look up the logarithm book 🙂 I think in a time where things get uncertain, you are in a better place of survival than most of us because of the tech scare. It will be hard for me to suffer the withdrawal of my electronic devices and smart TVs and phones, etc. Most of us will probably go mad from that withdrawal, ya think?
Hubby and I are both old school. He’s great with a slide rule and I was good with logs. I was always popular as a darts chalker because I didn’t need an electronic scoreboard and could add up in my head.