Frank posed these questions earlier, so here are my silly answers.
- Exactly what did Columbus do in 1492?
He opened a bottle of wine to celebrate the beginning of the New Year.
- Why does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving in October rather than November as the US does?
C comes before U in the alphabet. Makes perfect sense to me.
- Why do we carve pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns for Halloween?
It doesn’t work with melons or tomatoes.
- If “octo-” means eight, then why is October the tenth month?
Blame it on the Caesars’ accountant who couldn’t count.
- Why do kids dress up in costumes and go trick-or-treating on Halloween?
Anonymity so that their parents don’t know how much candy they’re getting.
- What is the movie, Hocus Pocus about?
Illegal sales of moonshine.
- In the Movie, Halloween, why was Michael Myers sent to an insane asylum when he was only six years old?
There was no naughty step then.
- Continuing from the previous question, what did Myers do when he escaped approximately fifteen years later?
He went into show business and made a series of movies.
- What was the movie, Lost Boys about?
It was a typo and actually about sailing buoys being stolen by dolphins to play with.
- According to legend, why don’t vampires have a reflection?
Some of them were so ugly, they didn’t want to break a mirror and risk seven centuries of bad luck.
Lol! Loved your answers Di!
I got to #4 and then lost it by the time I got to #8! I’m still chuckling! Thanks for the laughs!
You are most welcome Val!
Oh too funny! And yeah, it is logical that “C” comes before “U” in the alphabet, so they ought to be first. 😉