I’ve not been at my blog much today and spent the majority of the afternoon making cards.
A few ideas worked out, but one didn’t so it was another salvage job.
Hubby bought me a set of cutters several years ago and I used one today to cut an oblong hole out of the front of a card. I decided to use the Toucan from a sheet of padded birds I’d purchased a little while ago as I was really pleased with the animal theme I’d made before.
Everything was going really well with the bird on the inside and I added a leaf on the bottom right hand corner of the cut out so that it looked like he was sitting behind it.
Then I noticed that the card was a little tatty in the fold, so thought I’d add a gold glittery border. That turned out to be a mistake as it didn’t stick properly and when I removed it, it took some fibres off the card. It looked awful, so I ditched the front and cut out Mr Toucan from the back to use as an overlay on something else.
As it turned out, it was my favourite today.
I was so pleased with the two-tone paper peacock I did the other day, that I thought I’d experiment on that theme and this was the result.
I like the polar bear here so will do some more like this using other tags I have.
The others I made were all birds from a toppers sheet, apart from the toucan of course.
I coloured the edge of the blue one on the right in the second picture here so might do that again too.