Here are my responses to my earlier questions. Hope you like them!
1. What does it mean if you have an itchy right palm?
That your hands need washing.
2. On the other hand, what does it mean if you have an itchy left?
That you didn’t use enough sanitizer.
3. Why is it considered good luck to find a horseshoe?
Because it didn’t hit you on the head when it came off the horse.
4. Why is saying ‘Bless you’ when someone sneezes considered to be good luck?
It was to protect you from any evil spirit fleeing from their body through their nose.
5. Why do we say ‘Find a penny, pick it up?’
Because in those days, you never knew when you might need a public loo
6. Why do we ‘knock on wood?’
It’s better than being knocked out by it.
7. Why is the number 666 considered unlucky?
It means that the emergency 999 service is in serious trouble.
8. Why do some people believe it’s unlucky to step on the cracks in the pavement?
Having watched too many horror films, they believed they would swallow them up.
9. Why do we cross our fingers for good luck?
It’s easier than crossing our legs, which is something else entirely.
10. Why is it unlucky to open an umbrella indoors?
Because it means you’ve got a leaking roof.