Hello and welcome to Fibbing Friday where you’re given the chance to lie through your teeth and get away with it.
My turn to host this week as regular readers know I alternate with Frank, aka PCGuyIV https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/
To join in, write a post with your answers to my 10 questions below and tag it “Fibbing Friday” or #FibbingFriday. Then link back to this post so that others can enjoy your answers and maybe join in as well! The more the merrier and some of the answers recently have been tremendously inventive!
If you use WordPress, pingbacks are enabled, so as long as you link to this post, it should show up.
Bear in mind though that they are usually approved manually, so don’t be surprised if the link doesn’t show immediately. You can also leave a link to your post in the comments.
Ignore the truth as you know it and make things up, though remember to keep things family friendly. Thanks!
Today would have been my 44th wedding anniversary if I hadn’t married the wrong guy.
There’s no special symbol for 44 years of marriage, though 40th is a ruby anniversary and sapphire is for 45.
My questions this week are sort of related to marital bliss…………. or not!
Have some fun with these and I’ll be back with my answers later.
1. What is the significance of ‘jumping the broomstick’?
2. What is a bottom drawer/Hope chest?
3. Why is it considered unlucky to wear green at a wedding?
4. Why is the chief bridesmaid referred to as a Matron of Honour?
5. What is the duty of the Best Man?
6. What is a Groom’s Cake?
7. How many tiers does a traditional wedding cake have?
8 Why are black cats considered a lucky token at weddings?
9 Why does the bride traditionally wear a veil over her face going up the aisle?
10. Why do they call the ‘holiday’ after a wedding a honeymoon?