With not much else to do, and ideas still bouncing around in my head, I got the kit out this afternoon and set to with pencil and ruler.
My idea of cutting out half squares/circles a bit like a maze was going great guns, until I put on a coloured strip of paper which was far from straight and I couldn’t remove or disguise it. It looked awful.
Used to the occasional cock up, I try not to waste materials and managed to salvage most of it only to cock it up a second time by putting it on a new card the wrong way round.
I could only save the coloured part, but ripped up the rest and binned it.
The idea has promise though.
A neighbour in the next road is 60 next week, so I thought I’d make a special card today rather than utilise one I already had. I had some trimmings from received cards given to me and was able to use those to make that one and another birthday card.
I also experimented with some leaves I bought the other week. I thought they were paper, Hubby thought they were real, but they are actually fabric of some description.
Four leaves were too cramped on the smaller 6 inch cards, but worked well on the 7 x 7.