I’ve always said I could be dangerous when I get some ideas, and there are a fair few rambling round in my noggin at the moment.
I wake up some mornings and my head is throbbing with things to try on the card making front, some of which I’ve attempted lately which didn’t actually work too well.
As I’ve said in previous posts, the trimmings I usually buy have either been discontinued or cannot be sourced, so rather than use those in reserve I already have, I’ve been thinking outside the box and trying to make my own.
I’ve come unstuck with silhouettes as the black paper is black on both sides, so I cannot see my outlines to cut out. My 3D petals sort of worked, though I hadn’t realised that this particular card was only coloured on one side when I did my first flower and didn’t take well to rubbing out my pencil markings.
My latest idea is leaves to go with any 3D flowers that do work, and typically, the place I got the last lot, as with the fabric butterflies, don’t do them anymore. Sometimes I feel card making is becoming a thing of the past as my usual outlets make way for other things.
Today in town I went into a stationers cum arts and crafts shop, and whilst they don’t do half of the things in card making they used to, I came away with a bag of autumn maple leaves, a pack of 30 blank cards as I was running low, and a packet of 50 clear sleeves for cards I’m offering for sale.
As an aside, I also got an academic diary for my meter readings so that the end of one year and start of another isn’t in two different places. The meters were read this morning and we are well within budget.