It’s late in the afternoon and we have just packed up on Day 5 of our project. We couldn’t do very much this morning as Hubby had an appointment with the skin specialist. That went very well and apparently most of the problem is sun damage, so creams will be prescribed by our own GP shortly. There is one spot by his ear that they intend to remove by freezing it off, so a hospital appointment for that will be received in about 12 weeks.
After lunch, we set to business securing the batten shelves into position. Hubby decided to pre drill the wood following 2 battens splitting when he tried to do it without.
Having purchased a few more tools to suit the task at hand while we were out this morning, I too have been screwing things into place. Hubby’s calculations were amazing, as we had sufficient batten and one screw left over after completing the task!
We finished the day by putting up the hanging rail, and tomorrow hope to be hanging doors, putting the top and trim on and getting the house back in some kind of order.
At some stage we will have to arrange a tip run as we cannot put the leftover materials or what’s left of the original units in the ordinary waste.
The weather has been iffy again and we had torrential rain and hail this afternoon.
We have two beans showing themselves in the greenhouse, and everything else is coming along nicely. We have spuds and onions going mad outside, and the cabbages and cauliflowers are now protected from the birds by mesh cages.