It’s day three of our project and now 6pm. We packed up from working about an hour ago, so I’m late accessing my blog today.
It’s been a bit hit and miss today, and we needed to get the next batch of raw materials so had to go to the DIY store. Hubby had made a list and checked everything was in stock before we went, though we had to go slightly further afield. As it’s Sunday, nowhere opens until 10am and sadly we wasted the entire morning so I started lunch as soon as we got back, a simple chicken curry and rice today which Hubby managed OK.
Hubby said there was nothing I could do to help him this afternoon, so I got the mower out and cut the front and back grass. True to form, it started to rain about an hour after I’d finished.
It’s all coming together, but we’ve discovered we won’t be able to make use of the drawer unit afterall which is disappointing but not a major problem. We shall have ample shelving for what we need and the stuff I stored in the drawers was only bulky jumpers anyway.
Tomorrow should see us putting the final pieces of framework in place and painting the wooden uprights to match the wall. All being well we need to buy nothing else now, and the total job has come in well under budget so far.
I’m hoping we’ll be finished by the weekend, as Hubby has an appointment with a skin specialist on Tuesday and his INR on Thursday.