Here are my responses to Frank’s Fibbing Friday questions earlier.
- How did tartar sauce get its name?
A failed dieter said ta-ta to calorie counting and smothered her dinner in sauce.
- Why is Mardis Gras (aka Shrove Tuesday) also known as Pancake Day?
It was a typo and should have read Shove Tuesday as everyone shoved as many calories into their gobs as possible, hence also giving rise to FAT Tuesday.
- Why do so many people eat fish during Lent?
Probably because they see flat fish as low calorie and can show willing after Shove Tuesday.
- What is the difference between sushi and sashimi?
The size of the dish it’s on, and whether or not you have chips.
- What is noodling?
The stuff you can’t do when canoodling.
- How do you clean a fish?
Put it in the washing machine.
- What are Swedish fish?
A pair of flip flops.
- What is a Bishop’s Mitre?
They say it’s mightier than the sword, so I guess it’s a sharp knife.
- What was the movie, The Shoes of the Fisherman about?
Cinderella’s cobbler trying a new sideline.
- What is the first day after Lent known as?