Today is Thursday 7th January

And it is almost over.

My apologies but it has not been a particularly good day.
I had a dreadful night, getting very little sleep, a combination of a lot of things catching up with me and missing Maggie terribly.

I got up, showered, and had breakfast, then we went for a long walk, through the park, up along the prom and into town. I had several puppy fixes on the way which has helped enormously, and we took some bread to feed the ducks, Geraldine being the first in line.
What was nice today was that everyone gave everyone else space, and the people we spoke to were upbeat and cheerful. This could be something to do with the weather as it was gloriously sunny with just a slight chill for the time of year as there was little, if any, wind.

Lunch today was the final part of our stew, and our neighbour came in this afternoon as she wanted some help with making a payment on-line to the council. We had tea and cakes as we bought a cream scone for her when we were out, I had a flapjack, and Hubby had a gingerbread teddy.

We had another walk round the block, extending it as we have recently, and saw practically no-one. All the Christmas lights have been taken down now and things are back to normal.
This afternoon I got the kit out to make some cards (more on that in a separate post).

Between all this has been another saga between Hubby and our surgery, which has been impossible to contact through the usual channels, and everyone was sent a text message this week saying not to come to the surgery to make routine appointments. The phone line is either engaged or you are put on hold for 30 minutes plus, and Hubby had been waiting for a call back to book an emergency blood test as promised to him yesterday. When he rang the surgery today to chase it, he got a recorded message saying it was Wednesday, and they were closed for training. This is the same message he got yesterday afternoon having heard nothing, when indeed it was Wednesday and not Thursday as it is today.
In desperation, he sent an e-mail, which bounced back undelivered as they have changed it, so he forwarded the whole thing via their website and within an hour we got a phone call.Β  The emergency blood test is set for January 18th (don’t go there), with a follow up telephone consultation for the results two days later.
The pain he has been experiencing was getting worse, so we rang the 111 service and was given an appointment for 6.50 this evening at the UTC 17 miles away.
We’ve been back about half an hour, and because the duty doctor at the UTC doesn’t know Hubby as a patient, the antibiotics have to be cleared by our own GP. Despite explaining the dire service we are experiencing, we have no option but to contact the surgery to request the prescription be sent to their pharmacy for collection tomorrow. We’ve done that by e-mail tonight.
I feel I’m in the Twilight Zone and wish to hell either the credits would roll or someone would change the bloody channel!

I hope you’ve all had a good day though and are safe and well.


About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in current events, diary, today is.......... and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Today is Thursday 7th January

  1. willowdot21 says:

    Hi Di I was wondering where you were! I can’t believe how abismal your surgery is and how everyone you have complained to has just fobbed you off or ignored you, it’s awful. I an so glad to hear from you . Hugs to you both πŸ’œ

  2. That was the run around I had with the vets when Mollie was sick. I know how that feels. Sometimes you feel so helpless that you want to sit down and cry. Makes you wonder what people who aren’t as quick and sharp anymore make out. Hugs. I miss Maggie too.

  3. Paula Light says:

    So frustrating πŸ™

  4. quiall says:

    I will keep you both in my prayers!

  5. Sadje says:

    This is such bad service from your surgery. I hope your hubby feels better soon. Hugs

  6. murisopsis says:

    An emergency blood test in 10 days??!! What a world! I’m glad the blood test was done at the UTC but sorry that the Rx will have to wait on the local surgery. I hope tomorrow is better!

    • It is a joke Val. No blood test at the UTC though they did give him a full check up and tested his urine which was clear. Good news is he’s had a chat with the doctor today and a prescription will be waiting for his either this evening or tomorrow.

  7. Carol anne says:

    what a runaround your getting! Is hubby ok? I mean is he still experiencing high pain levels? xo

Comments are closed.