Here we go with my answers to Frank’s questions. I have to be honest, I haven’t heard of a King Cake.
- Why is there a small plastic baby inside of a king cake?
My guess it’s something to do with Jonah and the Whale.
- What is Three Kings Day?
Part of a full house and a winning streak.
- Why is Boxing Day not formally observed in the US?
They usually sleep through it.
- Traditionally, Christmas Day is the first of the Twelve Days of Christmas. By that same tradition, what is today known as?
Boxing Day…………. duh.
- Why is the US Presidential Inauguration held at noon on January 20th?
Two reasons: one to beat the rush hour, and two so that people can watch it in their lunch hours and thus not cost their employers anything.
- Why are the President and Vice President of the United States elected together rather than separately?
Saves a punch up over the golden throne in the White House.
- Who swears in the President of the United States?
That should read ‘swears at’, so that’ll be Trump.
- In certain US states that have lots of prairie land, there are signs warning not to drive through smoke. Why?
Prairie Dogs are heavy smokers and might get run over in the smog, then it would forever be Ground Hog Day.
- Why did Air France and British Airways suspend the use of all Concorde aircraft in 2003?
Airfix brought out a new model and they weren’t quick enough to adapt their existing fleets.
- Why was there no supersonic replacement for the Concorde once all of them had been decommissioned?
Government cutbacks…………. someone actually fired the designer, who took his plans to the Russians.