How did you get on with my selection of questions this week?
Hope you had some fun with them and I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
Here are my porkies
1. What is a shoe horn?
It’s a cobbler’s musical instrument.
2. Where will you find a grommet?
Next to Wallace and a cheese mountain.
3. We may say ‘the tables have turned’, but what is a turntable?
It’s a makeshift stage for drunks who believe they can do a turn in the pub and sing
4. How do you make a tea cosy?
Wrap it up in cotton wool and let it snuggle up to you
5. What is a quaver?
It’s a posh name for a quiver.
6. Where will you find a plimsoll line?
On the factory floor in a trainers manufacturers.
7. What colour was The King’s New Clothes?
Buff with red lapels.
8. Why was Ethelred called The Unready?
He couldn’t keep to a schedule to save his life and was never prepared for any big event.
9. 007 has a licence to kill, but what would an 005 have a licence for?
Loading the gun magazines.
10. What is a winklepicker?
It’s a tool for eating sea snails.