Here are my fibs this week
- Why is it traditional to eat turkey for Thanksgiving dinner? (In the US, at least.)
It’s better than the alternative of them eating you.
- What is “Festivus”?
It’s a game for dogs with a lisp.
- Why does Hanukka (or Chanuka, if you prefer) last for eight days?
It’s all to do with symmetry and balance.
- Why does Kwanzaa last seven days?
Because on day 8 not many people remember very much, let alone what day it is.
- According to the song, there are twelve days of Christmas, so why do most people only observe Christmas for one day?
If you’ve got kids, even that’s one day too many!!
- Why does Canada have Thanksgiving in October?~
They are in a different time zone.
- What is Childermas?
In an alternative universe, the children have the headache of arranging the festivities.
- In the US, why is the Friday after Thanksgiving known as “Black Friday”?
Too many hangovers.
- What is “Boxing Day”?
A free for all punch up between adults and children as to who has custody of the remote or who plays the latest computer games.
- What is “Saturnalia”?
Wishful thinking of being on another planet until it’s all over.