Hello and welcome to another Fibbing Friday.
I’m your host this week and as regular readers know, myself and PCGuyIV https://pcguyiv.wordpress.com/ have kept the Fibbing Friday challenge going.
As always, thank you all for your continued support and participation.
To join in, write a post with your answers to my 10 questions below and tag it “Fibbing Friday” or #FibbingFriday. Then link back to this post so that others can enjoy your answers and maybe join in too!
If you use WordPress, pingbacks are enabled, so as long as you link to this post, it should show up. Bear in mind though that they are usually approved manually, so don’t be surprised if the link doesn’t show up immediately. You can also leave a link to your post in the comments.
Although it’s the 6th of November and not the 5th, you may not be surprised about my ‘theme’ for this week. As the title of this series suggests, truth is not an option and the idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly or even outrageous, in your responses.
I hope you have fun with these questions and I’ll be back with my own answers later.
1. Who met for the first time at The Duck and Drake Inn in London on May 20th 1604?
2. Why was the opening of Parliament delayed from July to November the following year?
3. Who used the name John Johnson as an alias?
4. Why did the Gunpowder Plot fail?
5. Who designed the iconic Guy Fawkes mask?
6. Why are the cellars of the Palace of Westminster inspected before Parliament opens?
7. What do MacBeth and the Gunpowder Plot have in common?
8. Where will you find Guy Fawkes Island?
9. Who was on the throne at the time of the Gunpowder Plot?
10. How did Guy Fawkes die?