Here are Frank’s questions and my fibs for this week’s Fibbing Friday:
- What is a poltergeist?
A foreign name for braces to hold your trousers up.
- What supposedly happens if you look in the mirror and say, “Bloody Mary” three times?
The barman shouts ‘I’m not deaf!!’
- What’s so unlucky about the number 13?
In a witch’s coven, it’s always Number 13 that has to wash up after cauldron night, and it ain’t for the squeamish with all those newt eyes, lizard innards and frog’s toes.
- Why do banshees scream?
They were Number 13 in previous years and decided to create their own club.
- What happens to a vampire in daylight?
He has to watch daytime TV until sunset and it drives him bats.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street wasn’t about a monster who could kill people in their dreams. What was it about?
A documentary about Dutch Elm disease and close-ups of woodworm.
- Who did Norman Bates dress up as in the movie, Psycho?
Cinderella as he wanted to go to the ball but his mother wouldn’t let him wear her best frock.
- The Amityville Horror wasn’t about a haunted house. What was it about?
The Waltons meeting The Addams Family
- What are the three witches doing at the beginning of MacBeth?
The Can Can.
- What classic monster lives under the Paris Opera House?
Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster who got lost when her SatNav app couldn’t cope.