1. ‘She had the biggest aspidistra in the world.’ But what is an aspidistra?
It’s the latest style on fashion emphasising the size of one’s behind.
2. What is the main ingredient in Beef Wellington?
Turkey and old boots.
3. Who was Tufty?
A bad hairdresser
4. What is a Port Folio?
A cocktail drink using port, rum and a couple of secret ingredients known only to the bartender.
5. What is a bootee?
A boot camp trainee.
6. What is meant by ‘You have been tangoed’?
You have been granted a scholarship for ballroom dancing.
7. What is a blue bottle?
The brother of a green one.
8. How do you make shortbread?
Cut the loaf in half.
9. What colour is cotton candy?
Any colour you like these days.
10. What are cowslips and snap dragons?
The debating sides between fauna and flora