Today is Monday 10th August

My apologies for my tardiness in approving pingbacks for the 3TC today.
It has been one of those days.

Hubby placed an order on line last week and was told the goods would be ready to collect the following day, but not to come to the store until a confirmation to collect text was received.
We didn’t get one and this morning I checked the bank account and the money had been taken, so he phoned the company. Whilst he was on hold as they checked the status of his order, a text came through to say his order was ready to collect, but the lady didn’t come back on line and eventually the connection timed out. Field trip, yay!!!

We decided to give the dog a shower this morning as she was so hot and uncomfortable, but brushed her first. The amount of loose fur was amazing, almost another dog, but even then she lost a lot more when she got wet. It was a cool move as she has been much more relaxed in the heat though we dried her with the hairdryer as usual.

After that and having breakfast, we went off to collect Hubby’s order intending to do a little bit of shopping at the same time.
Apart from getting sausages which are now in the freezer, everything went downhill from there.
The tin of paint Hubby wanted for the bathroom is not one kept in stock and has to be ordered specially. This could take up to two weeks, so the bathroom can wait.
Following on, we got to the store for Hubby’s order and he came away angry and empty handed. Apparently the order had been cancelled as stock was no longer available.  He got on the phone to the company and asked them to check what was happening bearing in mind what we had been told and the text message received saying we could collect.
Seems their system is that if a pending order is accessed, it generates a false completion and the collect text is sent. How bloody stupid is that????? Anyway, Hubby has been refunded and we received a confirmation email, not text, to that effect this afternoon.
We went into a small discount store to get doggy poo bags and their stocks of everything else are depleted so I bought 2 packs. Hubby went in after me looking for some rivets, and they had none at all, not even a mixed bag as he’d bought before.
We did a little bit of food shopping and there were no dog chews for Maggie again. Hubby called me from inside to ask if I wanted cherry tomatoes as they were on special, and my phone screen was all back to front! I turned it off and on again and it corrected itself only to do the same thing when I took it out of my bag later. Hubby’s had a look, and some water has got in somehow, but it seems OK now. No, I did not have it on me when we washed the dog!!

So, we were late getting home (2pm!!!) and the intended cottage pie with carrots and green beans ended up as savoury mince, baked beans and mash.
We have therefore screwed up our meal times so here we are at 5.30 and eating cake!
Maggie seems to have hurt her foot and won’t let us touch it, so we’ve managed to squeeze some cream into the pad which should help soothe it if nothing else.

I’ve had a go at the puzzle and put in about 100 pieces. Having sorted out all the purply bits, it is not going to be as easy to do that bit as I thought!!

How is your day going?
Keep safe everyone.


About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in current events, diary and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Today is Monday 10th August

  1. fransiweinstein says:

    Oh dear, poor you!! I tell you, something’s in the air because the last week has been the worst for me too.

  2. This wasn’t your best day for sure! A lot of building supplies are on back order here or they have no idea when they will be available. It’s as bad as toilet paper was. Hoping the Maggie’s foot is ok.

    • We’re not placing an order for Hubby’s shed until the delivery time is more acceptable, especially as they want the full amount up front before placing the order. That’s not on in my book. A 10% deposit would be acceptable but not £600. This was actually an order for face masks, and Hubby was told that they cannot get supplies at all!!
      I’ve walked Maggie round the block since my post aired and she seems OK now The cream is wonderful. so she might just have bruised it, but she’s not worrying it.

  3. Liz says:

    Hopefully nothing bad with regards to Maggie’s paw.

    That system regarding sending out a text saying you collect, when it wasn’t, was ridiculous. How many more have had false journeys? They need to scrap it.

  4. murisopsis says:

    Ach! What a mess! I’m glad that Maggie is back to normal and that your money has been refunded. We couldn’t purchase masks so ended up sewing a couple. A cooling shower sounds like a good way to beat the heat for Maggie – and for humans too!

Comments are closed.