My sincere thanks to Sadje for nominating me for The Real Neat Blog Award.
Rules of the Real Neat Blog Award
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you
- Nominate some bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
Sadje’s Seven Questions;
• What do you think is your biggest achievement in life?
Probably my days as a foster parent as I like to think I made a difference and was supportive to the kids that came into my care when they most needed some security.
• What sort of books you like to read?
I haven’t read very much lately but used to enjoy the Jack Reacher books until Tom Cruise was cast in the title role. I read everything I could get my hands on by Sandra Brown and had over 75 books on the shelf. Now I have none as we had no room for them or any of many others on the boat. I like Cathy Kelly and Erica James, though enjoy a good thriller by David Baldacci or Matthew Reilly.
• Are you a collector?
Not so much now, though I used to collect bells by default as I commented on liking one so everyone bought me one for whatever occasion.
• What one activity you miss most, which you haven’t been able to do due to the lockdown?
Playing darts with my team mates.
• Are you a people’s person or a happy to be with yourself kind?
I am very much a people person. It’s one of my strengths, though sometimes I need Me time.
• Do you play any games on your phone or computer?
Not on the phone, but I have various games of solitaire on my computer and play cribbage a lot!
• Do you like getting awards on your blog?
It’s always lovely to receive an award and I am extremely grateful to anyone who nominates me. I let the side down on returning nominations though as most people I follow already have them.
Doubling up on some of Sadje’s nominees, I second Gary, Melanie, Paula, Shweta and Rory plus anyone else who would like to answer my set of questions (leave a note in the comments and I’ll nominate you!).
1. Do you participate in any challenges, and if so, which do you prefer?
2. If you could start a New Award, what would you call it?
3. Do you aim for your blog to attract a single audience or a variety?
4. When choosing to follow a blogger, what attracts you to their blog?
5. Do you prefer to read short or long posts, stories, or humour?
6. Do you like to use graphics in your own posts?
7. Have any posts by a fellow blogger had an emotional effect on you?