Wow, my second nomination today, this time for the Liebster Award by Himanshu Pal
who has recently started following me. Thank you very much!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
- What is your favorite book and why?
Precious Time by Erica James. It’s the story of a sngle Mum taking her young son on an adventure before he starts school. It has humour, sadness, family conflict and is so very true to life.
- What song do you currently have on repeat?
None. I rarely listen to music these days, but if I did, I like Il Divo.
- Which season (Autumn, Spring, Summer, or Winter) of the year best describes you?
I think there’s a little of me in all of them so it;s hard to pick one.
- What is your most prized possession?
My wedding rings.
- Which historical figure would you most like to meet and why?
William Shakespeare to ask him to explain his sense of humour.
- What makes a good blog?
IMO, variety, honesty, humour and home life, participation and feedback, plus acknowledgement of other readers who post comments on posts.
- Back to the past or forward to the future?
Past please, but only the last 31 years since Hubby and I have been together.
- Your dream vacation?
New Zealand again
- The greatest movie of all time?
Not that much of a movie goer, though I;ve seen some good ones! Some of my favourites are It’s a Wonderful Life, The Glenn Miller Story, The Abyss, The Terminator, and Daybreakers for an original take on an old theme.
- Wealth or health?
- Your proudest moment?
When one of my foster kids came back to say ‘Thank You’. He’d confided in me that he’d got in with a wrong crowd and needed help. Although he had to be moved, I told him I would always be there for him and he wasn’t alone. I was so proud to see him there on my doorstep, a confident and successful young man .
Once again, anyone who would like to answer my questions. I’ve taken the seven from my previous post and added four more.
1. Do you participate in any challenges, and if so, which do you prefer?
2. If you could start a New Award, what would you call it?
3. Do you aim for your blog to attract a single audience or a variety?
4. When choosing to follow a blogger, what attracts you to their blog?
5. Do you prefer to read short or long posts, stories, or humour?
6. Do you like to use graphics in your own posts?
7. Have any posts by a fellow blogger had an emotional effect on you?
8. Do you think awards are a good way to interact with other bloggers?
9. Dining out or eating in (pre corona virus)
10. Beer, wine, spirit, or non alcoholic?
11. Apart from blogging, what is a favoured past time?