is fourteen, of course it is, or 77 if you put them side by side, but Rory has other ideas.
Check out his latest gem here
Can you list ‘just seven things’ that make you happy – whatever your definition of happy is – can you list just seven things that bring a joy into your life or an energy or even a sustainable synergy that when combined award you – your variation of happiness?
Why do they make you feel happy?
Once you have done that, list just seven things that make you unhappy.
Then when you have done that – explain this …. ‘How do YOU define happiness?’
So to list seven things that make me happy (and smile without listing Hubby and the dog at least twice):
1. Getting a letter in the mail from a friend
2. Having a slice of cheesecake and not putting on weight
3. Writing a blog post that proves popular
4. Hubby buying me flowers for no reason
5. Seeing positive results in the garden
6. Seeing fellow dog walkers and being able to chat sensibly from a distance
7. Being able to pay the bills, eat well, and have the occasional treat
Why do they make me happy? Because they aren’t stressful, it’s good to converse with other people and generally make me feel good about my life.
Now the down side, seven things that make me unhappy.
Apart from the obvious and our government’s handling of the Covid-19 pandemic,
1. Having to watch someone I care about in pain and being unable to do anything about it
2. Unable to physically visit Bro at the drop of a hat
3. Price increases in the supermarkets
4. Having some extra money and not being able to spend it as everywhere’s shut!
5. Fancying a chocolate biscuit and not having any in the cupboard
6. Pain in my hands from arthritis
7. The uncertainty of health matters and availability of check ups
Update 28th May
Rory has kindly Gifted the Compliment on this post
Thank you so much Rory!