Nima from the Tenth Zodiac has nudged me into participating in this award.
Congratulations to her for her nomination. You can nip over to her blog here and have a browse, it’s worth a look.
I love to pass on a little sunshine and have been nominated for this particular one on a few occasions. I appreciate the nomination or simply being mentioned, so without further ado here we go:
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positiveness and creativity in the blogging community. The rules are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award, write them 11 new questions and notify them about the nomination.
1 and 2 are now done, and Nima’s questions are next:
- Do you think your name is cute ?
I should have been a boy and when I turned up Mum opted for the main character in the book she was reading about a girl and her horse. I’m glad I wasn’t called after the horse. For years my aunts thought Di was an abbreviation for Dinah. I like SWMBO though which is what Hubby calls me, and that is cute!
- If you had a chance to name yourself, which name would you choose and why ?
I fancy Fred, plain simple and basic.
- Do you have any hobbies other than writing?
Music, card making, cooking, jigsaw puzzles.
- Be it books or movies, if given chance,which character’s life would you choose to live and why?
This one stumped me as I’m happy with my life.
- If you have a job now, are you happy with it? If you could change it now, which one would you choose ?
I loved my job in the bank until I was made redundant in 2001. From there I was a credit controller chasing the debts for a book company, so more figure work which I enjoy and have a natural aptitude for. I retired in 2007, though won’t get my state pension for another 2 years.
- Do you like to cook ?
- Which is your Zodiac sign?
Taurus, born in the Chinese year of the Monkey (1956).
- Do you believe in predictions made for your zodiac sign?
I’ve been told I have a lot of Monkey Taurean traits, however I think we are all individuals and it’s quite an interesting ‘science’.
- Are you, so far, proud and satisfied with your blog’s progress?
I am overwhelmed by how well my blog is being received, and thank every one of my readers and followers for having a look and passing their comments.
- What’s the most useless piece of knowledge you know?
That there are 254 ways of scoring 26 on a dart board (see this post).
- Which is your favorite work from your blog ? Leave the link so that everyone can enjoy !!
I have several favourites, especially about my parents, the dog and some of my poetry. I do a lot of photo challenges, and sometimes they turn out better than I’d hoped. You might enjoy this one
My nominees :
Everyone has something to offer in blogland, so if you would like to accept this award and answer my 11 questions (11 is such a funny number don’t you think?), then here they are.
Melanie, Sadje, Gary, Kate, Jen, Fransi, Lorraine, you can all take a bow as your posts can make me smile.
1. Do you plan your blogging day, or just log in and go with the flow?
2. If you have a garden, do you refer flowers or vegetables, or a mixture of both?
3. Can you swim underwater?
4. When was the last time you rode a bicycle (push bike)?
5. What is your favourite part of a cooked breakfast? (bacon, eggs, sausage etc)
6. Do you sing in the shower?
7. What unnerves you most, being stared at by a dog/cat, or a child?
8. Do you still have your appendix?
9. Glasses or contacts, or neither?
10. What is your favourite day of the week and why?
11. Are you left or right handed?