Frank set the questions this week and here are my porkies
- Why do we serve grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup?
Well you can hardly grill the soup can you?!
- What do baseball, hot dogs, and apple pie all have in common?
They were all promotional flags for a famous Mcfast food chain
- Why do we roast marshmallows over a campfire?
The halogen or ceramic hobs don’t work as well, and Mom won’t get cross if they ‘drip’,
- Why can’t you have your cake and eat it, too?
Trick question as if you’ve eaten it, you’ve had it.
- Why do we eat popcorn when we watch movies?
It doesn’t make as much mess if the film’s so bad, you throw it at the screen.
- Why are frozen meals called TV dinners?
It takes the same time to cook as your favourite TV programme and will thus be ready when it’s finished.
- Why are deviled eggs so named?
Because it’s a devil of a fiddly job to make them.
- How did the dish, toad in the hole get it’s name?
This dates back to medieval times when meat was scarce and cooks had to improvise. Gradually beef or similar meat was replaced by amphibians and they would have got away with it had an uncooked toad not leapt out and landed in the king’s lap.
- What does the military abbreviation, M.R.E. stand for?
More roughage expected.
- Why is chipped beef gravy over toast called S.O.S.?
Never heard of this, but would think maybe because gravy would slosh over the side.
My turn to host next week.