Melanie always picks up some interesting Q&A posts, so I’m joining in on these.
She picked them up from https://judydykstrabrown.com/2020/03/25/nosy-questions-2/
so if you want to play along, link back to Judy’s post above.
- Tell us how you met your partner. Please be specific in telling your tale.
Ad in a local paper. He placed it and I answered. We married exactly 2 years to the date we met and celebrate our 29th anniversary this year.
- What is your most romantic experience, again with details?
Honeymoon in Amsterdam. It was the first time I’d been out of the country and when we came out of Central Station, the barrel organ started to play and I felt it was just for me!
- What is the most extravagant purchase you’ve ever made, and why did you buy it?
A diamond solitaire ring when I got my divorce in 1981!
- What is your favorite swear word or expression, and when are you most likely to use it?
Shit, and whenever I’m angry, frustrated, or surprised.
- What is your favorite kind of pie? With or without ice cream?
Chicken,bacon and leek, served with roast potatoes and any veg except broad beans.
- While we’re on the subject, what is your favorite ice cream, and where did you last eat it?
Mango, and I last had some in Swanage (UK) in 1994 or thereabouts.
- Who is your most unique friend and why? (May be someone from the past.)
Gotta be Hubby. He’s my everything.
- What is your most irritating habit?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Mr Phielon in Junior School 1965. He was really tall and took an interest in his pupils.
- Do you like being alone and if so, what would you probably be doing?
I don’t mind my own company and would probably blog, play the piano, make cards, or read listening to my favourite music.
- What is the most outlandish thing you’ve ever done?
Gone fishing with Bro in NZ in 2010. I’d never been before and didn’t have a clue, but it was a fun day.
- What superstition do you always follow?
I’m not superstitious
- What famous person or animal have you met? Tell us about the meeting.
I met Lionel Jefferies at a fete in Poole. I literally bumped into him. He was charming.