Check out her SYW post and join in.
There are two ways which you can participate.
- Create a SYW post. Then post the link to your blog in Melanie’s comment box or, alternatively, leave your answers in the comments box of her blog.
- To make it easy for others to check out your post, title your blog post “Share Your World” and link it to her post.
- Ping-backs are activated, but how efficiently varies. For instructions on how ping-backs work, in case you weren’t certain, please click here. You may wish to leave a link to your blog post in her comments just to be sure.
Can you bake a cake? (credit for this question goes to ME!!! who asked it on this post https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2020/02/29/its-a-mystery/
Thanks for the nod!!
After last week’s SYW, we needed a little bit of sweet and light!)
What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
When you were a kid, did you eat the crusts on your sandwich or not?
What’s something your family would be surprised to learn about you?
1. Yes, I can bake a cake with varying degrees of success. I make pretty decent sponge cakes, probably the only time I weigh my ingredients, as well as fruit cakes, Christmas cakes, scones and rock buns.
I made my Mum and Dad’s 35th Wedding Anniversary cake, and also Bro and S-I-L’s wedding cake in 1988, though asked my boss to ice them as she was great at sugar craft.
I also make a mean cheesecake which doesn’t actually involve baking at all, just melting of butter for biscuit base.
2. Waking up to warm sunshine starts any day off very well.
Closely followed by that first swig of the first cup of tea.
3. Nothing was wasted in our house growing up so the crusts stayed on, even if we had company!
Not so for Mum and Dad’s dog Rockie though.
I was asked to see to him during my lunch hour one day and feed him a cheese sandwich, not forgetting to cut the crusts off.
Sod that I thought, and he wouldn’t touch it. So I cut them off and he ate every bit!
4. Apart from Bro, no-one in my family has shown the slightest bit of interest in my blog. Even if it registered I actually have one, they wouldn’t know where to find it anyway.
Gratitude this week has to go to our neighbour for kindly giving us the greenhouse.
We were happy to make a donation to the charity of her choice as agreed, but she said she didn’t want anything following a fence repair Hubby did for her, though she paid for the materials.
We’ll still make a donation though.