You can find out more about Beckie’s Working on Us topics here
Prompt #1 Questions:
- Have you, or do you suffer from sleep disorders?
I’m sure we’ve all had problems not sleeping at some time or another. For me it was usually stress from the work place or worries about finances or family.
- Have you sought treatment for your sleep disorders?
No. It was usually short lived and once the cause identified, I could deal with it.
- Have you ever had a sleep study on you, and if so, what was recommended?
- Has your doctor prescribed medication for your sleep disorder, if so, what has worked for you?
- Have you ever tried home remedies to alleviate your sleep disorders?
The smell of lavender helped with my migraines to a degree, and we did try OTC remedies such as KALMS or the equivalent with mixed results.
We found music helped enormously, putting a particular CD in the machine at night and for months never heard the last track. It also worked for the dog and she was asleep by track 3. Great in thunderstorms or when fireworks were going off.
- What’s the longest amount of time you went without sleep?
Probably 48 hours, and that was when we were house hunting with the tent, got rained out once too often and had to go and stay with a friend to dry out. We were travelling through the night to get there and were exhausted. Prompt #2 Picture Prompt:
This is an insomniac’s nightmare, always aware and conscious of what goes on.
Even when the eyes are closed, the brain continues to work sifting data of the day’s events, seeing beyond the shadows. Rest won’t come and that inner third eye interferes, filtering images to an already over stretched mind and constantly posing questions, ideas, concerns and worries.