A Walk in the Park 29th July

It’s been a bit of a funny day today.
We woke up to grey skies and drizzle, but by 7.30 the drizzle had stopped though it was still overcast. We had a lot of washing to do and as the weather was going to be even worse tomorrow, thought we’d do it anyway and take it up to the launderette to dry.

I was taking our neighbour shopping this morning as her son and the family were coming to stay for the week and it would have been too much for her to bring back on her own, plus she’s hurt her back and there’s no way we’d see her call a taxi for shopping!
I had some stuff to get anyway, so we had a trolley each and did an amicable trolley dash like Supermarket Sweep.
What she spent for the week is what we’ve just spent stocking up for the month, but then there are only two of us and now 5 of them, so it all works out pro rata I suppose.

The weather turned glorious so the washing was put out and has dried beautifully.
We had a walk in the park this afternoon, taking up some seed as the geese aren’t usually there during the day now. The holiday season is getting well underway, there were a lot of boats on the lake and the beach is packed.
We settled down to feed the ducks and their babies when a woman passed us shaking her head and said
‘There’s a sign you’re not to feed the geese you know,’ to which we replied
‘We’re not. We’re feeding the ducks.’
‘Well you’d better not be feeding them bread!’ she added angrily and stormed off.
Enjoy your holiday ma’am we thought and carried on chatting to our feathered friends at our feet who were having a good nosh on the seed.
Then Radar turned up:  ‘I am a duck, Honest!’
All pictures taken with my phone today.

On the way home I was invited to pick some apricots rather than have them rot on the tree, so I picked a fair amount and we’ll have a crumble tomorrow.
I took a few to SW for the Slimmer of the Week basket, and am pleased to say that I have stayed the same this week. No loss or gain, so I’m well pleased, and pleased for my two friends who lost one and two pounds, and also someone I discovered lives in our road who lost the half a pound needed for her four stone certificate! She’s just two and a half pounds away from target, so I’m rooting for her next week.

My blogging has sort of taken a back seat and I have a couple of challenges in my WIP file which I may get round to, though I see time is pressing on and it’s nearly Tuesday!

About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in current events, diary and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A Walk in the Park 29th July

  1. fransiweinstein says:

    Great photos! Weather is odd here too. Threats of thunderstorms for days and none yet. But the heat is intense — 42 with the humidity. I was home over the weekend working on that project but I had to go out for a bit today and was that ever a shock! Glad you had a good weigh-in. You must be zonked, you had a really busy day.

    • I don’t seem to get really tired until around midnight then sleep until 5 -6 ish when I get up to let Maggie out if she wants to go. We then go back to bed and sleep until around 8. Those two hours I sleep heavier than the rest of the night. Weird.

      • fransiweinstein says:

        Same thing happens to me. I’m a pretty good sleeper but do sometimes wake up at 3 or 4 am. And my alarm is set for 6:30. Most times I fall back to sleep pretty quickly but it’s more like being in a stupor than a normal sleep.

      • I put it down to the heat, but if I know we’ve got an appointment the following day, I tend to cat nap all night. Not good!

      • fransiweinstein says:

        I never sleep well if I have an early appointment either. It is SO frustrating!

  2. Sadje says:

    Apricot crumble! Yum.

Comments are closed.