Busy day

My day started just after 6.30 with a text from Hubby to say he’d had a really good night.
I was surfacing as it was time for Maggie’s first wee, but she decided she didn’t want to get up yet, so who was I to argue,  and I had another hour.

I got up and had a shower, then set to to making breakfast for the two of us. No more meds now, so it was back to scrambled eggs. Her ladyship was not impressed as this was not the chicken she had in mind.
I walked her round the block and Hubby rang just as I was re-entering our road. I had decided to come back and cut the grass. Yes. Me. Without a safety net. Cutting the grass using the electric lawn mower, and foolishly told Hubby of my plans.
His anxiety went into overdrive. I told him I’d be fine, it wasn’t as if I hadn’t done it before, but he said he’d been there in case I’d flymo’d the flex or anything went wrong. I told him to ‘Trust Me’ which always makes him nervous, and let myself into the house.

It took me about ten minutes to do the front as it’s not a very big area and there are no obstacles. The back however took me almost an hour, but I cleared up the cuttings and put everything away clean and tidy ready for next time.
I took this with my phone, Di’s grass cutting effort!
Our red rose bush is in bloom, so I also took these:

Maggie was having a sniff as well.

Below is our flower bed and the hydrangea bush

I seem to be getting the hang of my phone camera now.

The birds were happily scrabbling away after ants and worms after my hard work. The flower bed is alive with bees and although I was tired and a little stiff in my back, I felt a great sense of achievement.

When I came in, there was a text message from Hubby asking if I was OK.
I replied saying all was done, flex was intact, and I was going to get myself some lunch.
As it turned out, I walked Maggie again first, did the housework, then had a jacket potato with the last of the chicken breast I’d bought yesterday (Maggie had half), some mushrooms, salad and veg. No mayo today.

One of these pictures was also taken with my phone.

This afternoon I got the kit out and started on my Christmas cards. Stop shouting at me!
I have absolutely none in reserve, but lots of trimmings in the boxes, so made 6 simple ones.

I have had a light snack of crackers, cheese and cherry tomatoes, have walked the dog for the penultimate time, and now looking forward to some blogging time and challenges.

All being well I shall sleep very well tonight!

About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! We have recently lost our beloved dog Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney, and now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of my GSD so had hers done too. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in card making, diary, My life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Busy day

  1. Sadje says:

    The cards are lovely. Have a good weekend.

  2. fransiweinstein says:

    Your garden is looking beautiful and it’s wonderful that your hubby had a good night. Sleep well, you sure have earned it!

  3. I love your food and wish my lawn looked as neat as yours.

  4. blindzanygirl says:

    Hope you slept well Di. Email awaiting you. So glad you did all that yesterday. I used to be the grass cutter in chirf, but not any more! I think we need to get a few sheep or goats or something! Hope you have a good day today ❤️

  5. scifihammy says:

    Very good to hear that your husband had a good night 🙂
    And gee – well done on cutting the lawn! 😀
    Many years ago my husband was away for a month – so I Had to cut the lawn in that time. I did it half at a time – it took hours and nearly killed me! The problem is that the lawnmower is designed for a taller ‘man’ and the handle is so high that you end up trying to push it with your arms in the air! Not easy!

Comments are closed.