My thanks to Melanie for nominating me for this. It was one of the first I heard about when I started blogging five years ago but didn’t take it up. I was nominated for it again a few years ago so I did. To be put forward again is rather nice!
The origins of this award are as follows:
“This award is meant to encourage new bloggers. From The Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” The award initially focused on bloggers with less than 2000 followers, but as its popularity increased this number has gone down to 200.”
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 8 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 8 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 8 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 8 questions
MELANIE’S QUESTIONS :
- Do you like bubble gum? As a flavor or as a sticky treat? Or is it an annoyance?
I used to until I got some on my skirt and ruined it thanks to somebody leaving it on a seat. I like bubble gum flavoured ice cream, though some refer to it as ‘blue raspberry’.
- What’s the best advice you ever got?
To keep him (meaning Hubby) as he was useful.
- Dress up or casual if invited out?
Having got caught twice with the ex husband getting it totally wrong, I’m clean and presentable, but don’t have any posh togs anyway now.
- What’s a time when you really stretched yourself; either physically or mentally?
Keeping positive when I was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago.
- Do you have any trophies?
Years ago I had about 15 for darts. Now I have just one for Runner Up in the team shield match a couple of months ago.
- How would you decorate your dream home?
Natural colours and woods, but it would have to have a log burner.
- What are three things you’d take with you if you could only take three?
A photo of my Mum and Dad, one of Hubby and I, and one of Bro and me fishing.
- Is the printed word really dead?
If we’re talking about proper books, perhaps, but we’ll always have words printed on computers and other communication devices.
Eight random things about me?
I have a fascination for snakes, but not spiders.
I have an intolerance to blue smarties.
I love cheesecake, but as yet have never made one from scratch other than out of a packet.
I think rainbows are magical.
I would rather spend money on Hubby than myself.
I always wanted a large family.
As a teenager, I wanted to breed pyrannian mountain dogs.
I ‘earned’ five bob playing The Carnival is Over on the piano at my brother’s wedding reception in 1965. I was 9 and chickened out of my party piece of The Dog’s Meeting.
I have quite a few more than 200 followers now (thank you everyone) and there are a lot of great bloggers out there who have just started to follow me.
I invite them to share this award and these are my questions for you:
1. You have five minutes in a supermarket to load your trolley with as much as you can for free. Where would you start?
2. If you could be a hero/heroine (fact or fiction) who would you be and why?
3. Which would you prefer, a holiday basking in the sun on the beach or one involving tours to places of interest?
4. How did you meet your partner?
5. Are you an only child?
6. Do you believe in fate?
7. If you found a wallet stuffed with money and no ID, would you hand it in?
8. What was your favourite toy as a child and do you still have it?