I swear I am getting worse rather than better at getting my finishing double.
The day before yesterday, after ten minutes, neither of us had got a double to start, so we gave up.
Hubby hammered me four games to one yesterday, and two games to one on our first session today. We don’t have a set time to play, so we had another session later and I beat him three nil, including a whitewash as he could not get started.
We had a bit of a shifty round though which may have been a contributory factor.
One of Hubby’s darts kept going sideways, and on closer inspection, we discovered that a stem was bent. The day before, I’d noticed one of mine was actually broken which accounted for the spin sometimes, but I wasn’t comfortable with the replacements I put in, though the flights were OK.
I changed them again today and Hubby had the ones I had been using.
Getting his old stems out was a doddle, but getting the flights out was another matter, it was almost as if they were welded in!
Would you believe he had to get the pliers to them, and in doing so, cut the sharp corners off so couldn’t put them in the new stems. Luckily, I had plenty of spares, so we could resume our games.
The new stems I have are really nice so next week I shall get some more. The final doubles might still be a while in coming but my grouping is getting better!
2s, 3s, 7s…………………………..