Mad Monday: 12th March 2018

It started out as a normal day. Hubby got up first, then me after sending a text to my nephew wishing him a happy birthday.
Things started to go downhill when I weighed myself
and then got in the shower.
I’d run out of shampoo last time, but we used shower gel as shampoo on the boat and it worked very well for both of us.
Although green and lime scented, it is NOT the same one we used before.
Result, the bottle doesn’t sit nicely anywhere, the top is awkward to open, and I dropped it so it glugged at my feet.
Using it to soap all of me, the lather in my hair was dry and rough, so when it came to combing it out, it matted and tangled, a lot coming out in the process. My head hurts.
The weather is abysmal: wet, foggy, can’t see too far in front of you, and the dog did not want to pee in the rain. She begrudgingly did a poo, but no wee actions that Hubby could see.
We put the washing on (2 loads) and had breakfast. It was 7.30 am.

Today we were going to sort out the fiasco of the meds mixup, so left home in plenty of time to get to the prescription office for 9 am.
Or at least that was the plan.
They are resurfacing part of the High Street and there was a bloody great big tarmac lorry blocking the road. Vehicles were coming towards us at full pelt, there was nowhere to go, so Hubby got out and started to walk. I got in the driver’s seat to wait.
A workman was directing traffic, so I put my indicator on for him to see I wanted to turn left. He beckoned me forward just as a stream of traffic were coming out of the road which had been narrowed to single file. No room for me, so I stopped, getting fisted, waved and honked at.
Eventually the workman realised why I wasn’t moving anywhere and stopped the traffic coming out. I turned left and an idiot overtook me nearly taking out a car on the other side of the road that had stopped.

I picked Hubby up as he hadn’t made it to the surgery, and we pulled into the car park at 9.10. No disabled parking spaces available, so he got out and I went off trying to find somewhere. A car was vacating a space so I drove round to give him time and room intending to double back and nip in.
Fat chance. An even fatter guy in a brown merc overtook me into the car park and pinched the space I had my eye on. Luckily there was now one opposite.

I saw Hubby going into the pharmacy so he’d obviously had his word with the prescription girls. He was just handing over the slip for what was owing on mine from last week when I caught up with him.
He was cross…….. not quite as mad as angry, but not a happy bunny.
His heart meds are on repeat prescription but had been missed. It would be dealt with today they said and he could pick them up after 6pm.
The prescription office is ten yards from the pharmacy. They have a connecting computer screen linkup. But no, we have to wait until 6pm.
We explained to the guy on duty, and he checked the shelf, taking down one of the two remaining packs to put aside for Hubby’s prescription when they receive it. He suggested we give the pharmacy a ring at 5pm to see if it would be ready.
We came out ‘slightly peeved’ and I wanted to do some shopping in the supermarket on the corner.
That would also be a No as the tarmac wagon was now parked across the entrance as well as blocking half the road.
Hubby suggested going into one of the other shops and I said I wasn’t prepared to pay exorbitant prices for what I wanted, so it could wait.
We took the washing to the launderette, and whilst Hubby wash sat, I walked the dog in the park. It was still wet, foggy and I couldn’t see very far in front of me.
Hurrah! Wee and poos! Fickle bitch, always insisting on a walk to reward us with the business!
Photo: May 2015

Washing now dry, we ended up having a field trip to Skeggy to get out of the madness.
The road was busy, and idiots were driving too fast and without lights……… did I say it was wet,  foggy and you couldn’t see very far in front of you?
It was also interesting to see so many people playing golf in the rain. No sign of fluorescent balls though.

We got what we wanted, and came home, nearly coming a cropper when a van came hurtling round the corner where the worst pot holes are and we had no choice but to skim the side. One almighty crunch as we hit the hole full centre, and my eggs on the parcel shelf did a graceful slide from one side to the other. Nothing broken, though a rather surprised Maggie found herself wedged in the back foot well.

On the way home, we decided to ring the pharmacy at 3.30.
Because the prescription office closes at four, and Tarmac R Us willing, we will be able to get to them and lead the riot act if it’s not been processed.



About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in diary and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Mad Monday: 12th March 2018

  1. foguth says:

    Tomorrow simply HAS to be a better day!

  2. scifihammy says:

    Oh dear – some days it just isn’t worth getting up! 🙂

  3. C M Smile says:

    Ah, Monday’s. I don’t think its anyone’s favorite day.

  4. Michael says:

    Nothing is ever easy is it? Hope it all worked out. I have no idea how your pharmacy services work. I go there get what I want and come home. Sometimes they are out of a drug I need and they phone around other pharmacies to see if it’s available.

    • We got them in the end after fun and games (see post following that one). Off to check out a new surgery tomorrow.

      • Michael says:

        Dr visits become great social outings at our age don’t they….

      • Ours are a bloody marathon!

      • Michael says:

        When I lived in the city I’d phone ahead to see what the wait was to see the dr…..where I am now my GP keeps pretty much to time.

      • We have a job getting an appointment., and the sit and wait clinic is a farce as the GP chooses who he wants to see. Three times Hubby has been the last one to be seen, and one of those times was with chest pain! There is no continuity of care which is why I am sticking to the breast clinic in Cheltenham (5 hours away) for my post cancer checks. Luckily, these are the only meds I’m on, but this month they had to order them in as they’d run out. We’ll see what tomorrow brings on our alternative ‘quest’.

Comments are closed.