Maggie is having her Xray tomorrow morning, and we have to be at the surgery for 8.30.
Today’s visit was extremely painful for her, and I yelped in unison with her when the vet put the needle in her toe in the hope that pus would squirt out.
It didn’t, but as her toe is twice the size it should be, it’s possible she has an infection in it, although no wound or scabbing is visible.
We decided to go ahead with the Xray to ensure that nothing is broken, and as she will be sedated, if they need to draw any infection out of her toe, she won’t be in a position to fight it. Hopefully we will finally find out what is going on and get the matter resolved once and for all.
Following a dose of injected antibiotics, we brought her home and spoilt her rotten bringing her tea and treats to her cushion.
She amazes me with her tolerance and acceptance of the situation, whereas all we can do is look on and grimace with every step.