Sleeping Habits and Patterns.

I’ve done a post on this before, and with the recent weekly upheaval of early starts for long distance house viewings, it’s taking longer to recover. Even the car is starting to get nervous every time we get up early.
On the boat, Hubby would get up first, and have a couple of hours to himself as the dog wouldn’t stir until I did, unless she was desperate to go out.  I would sleep solid for those two hours, waking up feeling refreshed despite having catnapped for most of the night previously.

Hubby still gets up first, and the dog still stays with me, but I haven’t had a full night’s sleep for months, neither have I had those precious couple of hours zonked out time.
I used to love to read, and a few chapters at bedtime were sufficient to make me dozy enough to sleep more or less as soon as the light went out.
I am still having the hot flushes, though I confess they are not as frequent, but still enough to make me uncomfortable. I stick my feet out of the bottom of the bed and come 3 am I am chilled enough to tuck them back in, dog permitting.
Having those extra inches on the double bed make a tremendous difference as at least I’m not kicking Hubby as I used to and I’m not cramped up against the hull!

I am still plodding my way through the Nora Roberts book Divine Evil. Not exactly bedtime reading for most, but I’m not having nightmares about it. I have an idea who is behind it all so have to read it to the end to see if I’m right as I don’t cheat and read the last chapter!

This morning I was awake at 5.50, just as Hubby got up. Maggie trotted downstairs with him, so he took her out then let her back upstairs with me.
For the first time in an age, I had those solid two hours, waking again at 20 to 9. I felt good for it too, and have had a much more positive day compared to many of late.

We are changing tactics slightly, having our house hunting field trip on Tuesday rather than Monday. I may end up missing SW again but have no intention of rushing back for it.
So far, we have two properties lined up for the morning, another at 3pm, and two more in the offing as we wait for the Estate Agents to return our telephone enquiry. They were supposed to do so after 10am today but we heard nothing, and as they closed at 1.30, we sent an email as a follow up.
This is how I’m feeling about house hunting at the moment.

Tomorrow will therefore be spent running off property details, but we won’t be able to plan our full route until we get confirmation of the other two on Monday.
We will find ourselves a new home. You can count on it.


About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and have a terrible sweet tooth. Best friends are Hubby, our dog Maggie, Bro in NZ, MSM and MOH (and his dog). I am also a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! Due to a nightmare of a house sale in 2014, 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat until April 2017. We made strong friendships both on and off the water, and enjoyed swan and duck families for neighbours. Sadly times change and we were once again house hunting until September. We now reside in a small bungalow a short distance from the beach on the Lincolnshire coast.
This entry was posted in change, current events, diary, house hunting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s