What to do for dinner when the wind’s blowing a gale and I don’t feel like going out to do shopping.
1. Ask Hubby what he’d like.
2. Check store cupboard, always something that can be
botched put together, sautéed, sauced or microwaved.
3. Check fridge, you never know what may be
lurking hidden or forgotten in the bottom drawer.
4. Send Hubby out on the cold bow to ferret around in the veg bin for carrots and onions.
5. Select tin of pineapples (in natural juice of course).
6. Find ginger spice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and stock cube from other cupboard.
7. Take two pans from cooker drawer.
8. Add rice to one and cover with water and lid. Bring to boil, turn off and let rice swell.
9. Mix teaspoon of flour with fruit juice, add other wet ingredients, stock cube, and sugar. Heat until it begins to thicken.
10. Add pineapples, sliced carrots, onions, garlic and whatever other goodies you may have found in your search. Cook until soft.
I steamed my broccoli separately as Hubby is not a fan.
Total syns by the way 2½ being 1 for the sugar, ½ for the flour, and 1 for my share of the pineapples in natural juice.
I added a sprinkling of granola cereal on top of my fruit for some ‘bite’, so that was another syn and a further syn for my pineapple at the bottom.
So the entire meal was less than 5 syns and I’m feeling full.