How did you get on?
1. What record topped the charts at Christmas in 1975 and 1991?
2. How many songs with the word ‘Christmas’ in the title were the festive season’s Number One?
SIX: they are
1955 Christmas Alphabet by Dickie Valentine
1974 Lonely This Christmas by Mud
1984 Do they Know it’s Christmas? by Band Aid
1985 Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin’ Stevens
1989 Do they Know it’s Christmas? by Band Aid II
2004 Do they Know it’s Christmas? by Band Aid 20.
(note: Slade’s Merry Xmas Everybody doesn’t count)
3. How many times has Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas hit the number one slot?
THREE: (see above)
4. Boney M was the Christmas Number One in 1978, but who held the same position in 1957 with the same song?
HARRY BELAFONTE with Mary’s Boy Child
5. What year did the Military Wives secure the Christmas Number One?
6. What unlikely character was the top of the pops in 1993?
7. Who asked ‘Can we fix it?’ in 2000?
BOB THE BUILDER
8. Green and Pink were included in the Christmas Number One title in which years?
1966 (TOM JONES Green Green Grass of Home) and 1968 (THE SCAFFOLD Lily the Pink)
9. The top spot was theirs in 1996, 1997, and 1998. Who were they?
10. Ted from Teddington was whose arch-enemy in 1971?
ERNIE (Benny Hill)