It has been a horrible day!
Having spent the majority of the daylight hours in A&E, we finally got home to discover a restricted internet service.
Both of us were unable to access our reader for whatever reason (Wifi or WP problem), and when things started to look up, we had those sets of three horrible words hit us in the face:
PROBLEM LOADING PAGE.
NO INTERNET ACCESS
TRY AGAIN LATER.
Neither of us were impressed, though I had managed to access our emails, and luckily there was nothing urgent to respond to. Hopefully I’ll be able to publish this post later without too much difficulty.
Unable to use our laptops to work, blog, read, or do anything other than play non-internet connected games, we decided to take the dog for a walk round the Avenue. I’d already walked her on the figure of eight route this morning, and fortunately MSM was able to have her for us whilst we were in
lock up casualty.
On the way back I did some promised shopping for her as well as ourselves.
The plan today was to have chicken curry. It didn’t work out like that as I just wasn’t in the mood to visit two supermarkets as I’d originally intended, so thought along the lines of a meatless sweet and sour .
As it turned out, I managed to get 6 pork medallion escalopes for £1.89, then picked up a red pepper and a tray of button mushrooms plus the various other things MSM wanted and headed to the check out.
By the time we got home it was late, and I was trying to work out a good way of cooking our meal without steaming up the boat with condensation. Cooking during the day means we can open the doors both ends and thus keep it down. Not so in the colder evenings!
This is actually the only meal we’ve had today as we missed out on breakfast and lunch due to our unplanned hospital visit, though whilst waiting, Hubby sent me off to the cafe with a fiver for a coffee and something to eat ‘just in case’ because of my diabetes.
Hubby’s OK though. He hit his head on the boat hatchway and put a dent in both.
Because he’s on warfarin, he bled a bit too well, so as a precaution I took him to the local community hospital. After an hour, they decided it would be better if I took him to A&E in the town ten miles away where we waited for another hour before being seen by a triage nurse, and a further 2 hours before seeing a rather
dishy young blue eyed doctor.
After examination, the doc superglued his bonce, and unless the speech goes, or he develops a headache or vomiting etc etc, he should be OK.
Oh, and the hatch is fine too.