And I don’t mean the boat still needs balancing (this is in hand already).
The DIY is going great, though we made one itsy bitsy misjudgement with a cushion which has now been rectified ( or will be by the end of tomorrow).
Hubby did a brilliant job of modifying one of the original bench cushions to make two for our new seating area. As what was needed was less than an exact half, he was able to use the seat cover as well, and they looked really good.
Basically though, we got the size wrong as it was a bit of a balancing act keeping your bum on the seat, and leaning back was totally out of the question, so that was more of a tilt actually.
Sadly, we’d jumped the gun a bit and already disposed of the other cushion, which even though it could be retrieved out of the bin, what had been dumped on top of it was definitely not flavourful or aromatic, so we are buying a new piece of foam and will cover it with some of the material we have in reserve from the original mattress cover.
Still, we do not class this as a failure (neither was this), just an unfortunate miscalculation.
Today has been spent enlarging the seat and putting a small bookcase underneath it.
Hubby’s done a smashing job and the books we kept fit in there nicely.
Tomorrow he’ll be making another shelving unit for our DVDs and CDs.
Hubs came up with the idea of putting them all in wallets to save room. I didn’t understand exactly what he meant at first but yesterday we purchased 2 folders, each holding up to 208 DVDs or CDs, so we haven’t had to get rid of any.
Last night we put them all in the folders, keeping our ‘sets’ in one and miscellaneous and CDs in the other. We have oodles of room left, the bin is now full of cases and anyone finding them might think they’ve struck gold until they discover they’re all empty!
Finding a small chair is proving a serious problem with the space we actually have available. We have some ideas on that though, and I think we’re up to Plan E now.
(No photos until we’re finished)