Congrats just a tad early

We had a call from Bro this morning congratulating us on moving into our new home. Except we hadn’t yet.
Bro was hysterical on the other end of the line as he had forgotten the time difference, having read our latest email and thinking his today was our tomorrow instead of the other way round.
‘Don’t worry, I’ll call you tomorrow! Love you Sis!’
Bless him. Ain’t it nice to know you’re loved?

As it turns out, we didn’t see The Child from last week and ‘Jason’ appeared to be a guy on the ball who was very good at opening the bank doors bang on 9.30 this morning to a queue of some 10 people.
As I passed and checked his name tag, I introduced myself as his first appointment, and he said to take a seat as he’d be with us in a few moments.
And so he was, together with the bimbo lassie who made our appointment last week through the cashier’s window.
She’s either had training pills or re-read the bankers almanac on customer service.
Today as she was inputting the payment details into the computer, she was very excited and explained this was her FIRST (oh gawd) such payment as she was now on the loose from behind her window and learning other aspects of banking.
I was glad I had written specific instructions in capital letters on our payment request, including the bit about charges being for us and not the beneficiary.
We’ll let her off initially putting in the wrong account to debit, but other than that, everything was correct as I had a look at the screen (being an ex-banker has its advantages) AND requested a copy of the transaction.
Once again we had to prove our identity, then told Jason we’d wait until he released the payment (one inputter, one authorizer) just in case there was a problem.
Five minutes later, he appeared all smiles saying everything was fine, but he needed to take copies of our ID.
Meanwhile, our lass had decided to use the time to go through our ‘profile’ and thus keep their records up to date.
One of the questions was if we were happy with their service.
I had to be honest and say we had been until the latest fiascos, so the jury was out on that one.
This whole process took well over an hour, yet just after midday, we had a call from Bank Head Office to check with Hubby that the payment was indeed correct and that he knew about it (I had signed the documentation and funds were coming from our joint account), and a few seconds later, the disembodied voice from overseas advised that the payment was on its way.

Now we are just waiting for confirmation that funds have been received the other end, and then WE ARE NO LONGER HOMELESS!
We will take possession tomorrow, and I shall be waiting, camera in hand, to take the first photos.


About pensitivity101

I am a retired number cruncher with a vivid imagination and wacky sense of humour which extends to short stories and poetry. I love to cook and am a bit of a dog whisperer as I get on better with them than people sometimes! In November 2020, we lost our beloved Maggie who adopted us as a 7 week old pup in March 2005. We decided to have a photo put on canvas as we had for her predecessor Barney. We now have three pictures of our fur babies on the wall as we found a snapshot of Kizzy, my GSD when Hubby and I first met so had hers done too. On February 24th 2022 we were blessed to find Maya, a 13 week old GSD pup who has made her own place in our hearts. You can follow our training methods, photos and her growth in my blog posts. From 2014 to 2017 'Home' was a 41 foot narrow boat where we made strong friendships both on and off the water. We were close to nature enjoying swan and duck families for neighbours, and it was a fascinating chapter in our lives. We now reside in a small bungalow on the Lincolnshire coast where we have forged new friendships and interests.
This entry was posted in diary, house sale, My life, tongue in cheek and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.